Bear Run Location Only
Florida concealed weapon licenses are processed by the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (FDACS). Due to rising demand, tax collector offices have been given authority to take applications and photographs, fingerprint the applicants (we cannot accept fingerprints done elsewhere) and send the information securely to the department for final determination. All Florida Concealed Weapon Licenses are issued by the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services and are mailed to recipients. Our office does not print or issue Florida Concealed Weapon Licenses. Check the status of your application by clicking here or calling FDACS at (850) 245-5500.
Fees: First time applicant - $124 (includes $22 fee)- includes all those tranferring from an out of state CWL
Renewal - $ 62 (includes $12 fee, additional $15 late fee if expired 6 months or less; more than 6 months, processed as an original)
Cash, check or credit card are accepted for payment. The card vendor will charge a fee of 2.39% or a minimum of $2.00.
What to bring for original license:
- Picture ID (a driver license or state-issued ID card with your current name and address)
- Copy of a training document that confirms you are proficient with a firearm (Click here for acceptable training documentation). Active duty military can bring their orders, veterans, their DD-214 long form.
- This application is completed on line. You may bring someone with you to help you complete the application if you are not familiar with using a computer. Our staff cannot enter the information for you.
- If you have ever been arrested, bring certified copies of court documentation reflecting final disposition of charges
- If you were born outside the US or are a permanent legal resident alien, bring official documentation confirming your citizenship status
What to bring for renewals: (can be renewed up to 150 days before expiration date)
- CWL# or renewal notice
- State issued photo ID that includes full name and date of birth
- Legal name change documentation if applicable, i.e., marriage certificate, court records, etc.
Where to go:
Bear Run location only: 3245 Bear Run Blvd, Orange Park
Appointments are made from 8:30 to 12:30 and from 2:30-4:30 (4:30 -renewals only). Please note that children are not allowed in the testing area. You can use the chat box in lower right corner or call 904-269(284)-6320 Option 4 to make an appointment. Provide name, phone number and whether a renewal or first time application. Appointments are encouraged. Due to time constraints, walk-ins will only be accepted as time permits from 9-4.
Click on the topics below for information
Frequently Asked Questions - State Website