For information concerning on line testing, click here.
For all others:
Please arrive by 3:45 at our Green Cove Springs or Park Avenue office to allow sufficient time for test completion.
- Must be at least 15 years of age
- Proof of date of birth
- Proof of social security number
- Proof of residential address
- Proof that you completed a Traffic Law and Substance Abuse Education course
- Parental consent form which must be signed in the presence of a drivers license examiner or notarized if parent or guardian will not be present. If you are under 18 and are not married, one parent or legal guardian must sign your license application. Step-parents may not sign unless they have legally adopted you.
- The fee for the Learners Permit is $54.25 which includes the written test.
- If the written test is not passed, there is a $6.25 charge the first time and $16.25 each time thereafter.
You can download a copy of the Florida Drivers License Handbook by clicking here
You are required to take
- An on-line test consisting of 50 multiple choice questions about traffic laws and road signs – must have 40 correct answers to pass. This is a 60 minute timed exam beginning when the first question is answered. A prompt will notify when 15 minutes is remaining.
- Vision test using an eye machine. To pass, you must have 20/40 (or better) vision in each and both eyes, with or without corrective lenses.
- Hearing Test
With your Learner's License (regardless of your age):
- Always drive with a licensed driver who is at least 21 years old and who occupies the front passenger seat;
- Drive only during daylight hours during the first three months;
- Drive only until 10 p.m. thereafter.