Service only offered for Clay County Residents.Documents Needed:
- The current registration and current insurance card for the vehicle used for testing. (Cannot be expired)
- Learner's Permit or Real ID Documents.
- Vehicle must have good tires and be in good working order with operating brakes, lights, turn signals and horn.
- A vision test will be given.
- The fee for the first test is $6.25 (this includes issuance of operator's license if test passed, address has not changed, and learners permit surrendered)
- $31.25 if address needs updating or Learner' Permit is lost.
- All retests are $26.25.
- If you are under 18 years of age, you must have held your learners permit for 12 months with no traffic convictions.
- Your parents must be present to sign the parental consent electronically or you will need to provide the signed form.
- Your parent must be present to sign that you have had 50 hours of behind-the-wheel training with at least 10 hours at night electronically or you must provide the signed form.
If you will be using a rental car for the exam, please complete and bring the Rental Vehicle Affidavit. Persons taking a driving test in a rental vehicle are also required to provide proof of Personal Injury Protection and Property Damage Liability insurance before a driving test can be administered. Insurance purchased through the rental company usually only covers the authorized driver so if an unauthorized driver wants to use the rental vehicle for the driving test, we must get the renter's permission and see the renter's personal proof of insurance covering the vehicle for the driving test.
Please note: If you have been sent documentation requiring you to take an extended road test, please call 904-284-6320.