Mobile Home Title Retirement

Mobile home owners who own both their mobile home and the real property it sits on have the option of changing from a DMV issued title to a warranty deed. This is called “retiring the title”. Once the title is retired and the deed issued, future transfers will be via deeds instead of the old application for Florida title.


  • Step 1: File with the Clerk of Circuit Court
    • The following documents must be recorded with the Clerk of Circuit Court in the county where the home is located:
      • The certificate of title(s) for the mobile home.
      • If applicable, the original lien satisfaction, or statement from lien holder that such security interest will be released upon retirement of the certificate of title.
      • Legal description of the real property in the form of a simple statement, a copy of the real estate tax bill, or the warranty deed conveying the property.
      • If applicable, a copy of the lease agreement for a period of 30 years or more.
      • Sworn statement by the owner shown on the real property deed or lease, that she/he is the owner of the mobile home which is permanently affixed to the real property.
  • Step 2: File with the Tax Collector’s Office
    •  An application is required for each unit in a double or triple wide. If the names are joined by “and” the signature of each owner is required on the form.
    • A copy of the documents recorded with the Clerk of Circuit Court- after they have been recorded.
    • All tangible tax bills must be paid in full before a title transaction may occur.